Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Hiatus...Yes. That's what I'll call my lack of blogging for a half a year...
A Vacation? Nope. That would not be what I would call it!

I'm back. After working nights for months and losing myself while I was doing it, while struggling with the first trimester of a pregnancy, all while trying to manage a house, kids, my husband, our life. Yuck. It was a mess.

Baby I'm back!

Summer is on its way and I cannot wait. The kids will be out of school in two weeks. We'll be going on Field Trips, going to bed early, and wearing summer clothes until then. But after that...It's staying up late, sleeping in, partying, eating popsicles, going swimming, playing outside all day so that at night the bath water turns brown from the crud. I.CANNOT.WAIT!

We live in NY. A state that believes in lllloooonnnnnggggg breaks and frequent days off during the calendar year. As a parent, it annoys me. Being a working mom, trying to figure out which day we're in school and when we're off and trying to schedule those days off can be a pain. I don't cherish it. I grew up in a state where we were in school by the end of August and out the 1st of June. We actually HAD a summer to enjoy. Not in NY. I wish they'd figure it out here, but in the mean time, I'll just enjoy the time we get together anyway.

So check back. I'll be back posting often (hopefully). We've got lots going on in our world!

<3

Julie

1 comment: